On Thursday 19th May the St Joseph’s PE department took our most promising athletes to the Swindon Team Trials.
There were some excellent performances with a large number of our team placing in the top three in their events.
A special mention should go to Keisha Ishani, Megan Cole-Smith and Teresa Iannetelli who have qualified for the Wiltshire Team Trials on Saturday 11th June in Salisbury. Good luck.
Notable performances by the Junior Boys:
- Philip Mercado 1st in Shot Put with a distance of 8.04m.
- Andrew Watts 2nd in Discus with a distance of 16.89m.
- Rajendra Limbu 2nd in Javelin with a distance of 25.14m.
- Joseph Knibb 3rd in 800m with a time of 2m27s and 3rd in Javelin with a distance of 13.52m
- Marvan Vales 3rd in High Jump with a height of 1.25m.
- Alex Dimuna 3rd in Triple Jump with a distance of 10.44m.
The Junior Girls achieving a top 3 finish were:
- Megan Cole-Smith 2nd in 800m with a time of 2m48s.
- Stephanie Gitau-Cushny 3rd in High Jump with a height of 1.25m.
Both of our Intermediate girls achieved a top 3 placing in their event:
- Keisha Ishani 1st in Shot Put with a distance of 7.44m.
- Lizzie Johnson 2rd in Long Jump with a distance of 3.96m.
The PE department would also like to thank the other St Joseph’s competitors who represented the college: Raajib Malla, Wilhelm Salaveria, Camille Valere, Melia Horgan, Shannon King, Ilena McCann, and Aimee Prinzi.